POSTED COMMENTS & MEMORIES
POSTED COMMENTS & MEMORIES
View comments and Tiger-Cat memories from fans here.
- Posted by: mrbobs on 11/16/2011 11:57:07 AM
- I am reminded of the many years I have enjoyed being with the TigerCats. I first was with them in the early 60's, with trainers Jimmy Simpson and Scotty Wright. Some of the players of that day were:- Ralph Goldston, John Barrow, Bernie Faloney, Ang Mosco, Garney Henly and all of the team. I remember assisting Matt Dunigan off the field and taking him to the dressing room. That was such a dreadful day in my life, Matt was and I pray ok and still remember me.
I send this to all the friends I was fortunate to be with, the players accepted my friendship and help I gave them. The TigerCats will always be in my heart and prayers. They will win the GREY CUP as they did in the past.
Truly a TigerCat friend;
- Posted by: Anonymous on 8/31/2012 11:06:16 AM
- i have the miniature 1912 grey cup,watch & ring for the senor champions of 1912 they were called the ( the alert football cub) they won the cup in 1912 ) how could the tiger cats win the trophy for ( 1912 ),and i also have the pictur from the hall of fame ?
- Posted by: sly on 9/21/2012 9:36:08 PM
- My memories of ticars are when we lost. Anthony Cavillo to Montreal
Just like we may lose Porter to Ottawa
why are we the only team when are quarter back is not ingaging
he not having a great game we don't have b---s
to replace him for a quarter maybe 2 maybe the rest of the game
- Posted by: 1983 cheerleader on 10/12/2012 10:00:49 PM
- My memories is living in Hamilton from1972 yes the year they won the Grey Cup at Home against Saskatwoon, Lorne Green was the was the -parades honouray. I lived in Hamilton until 1986 and was always a fan, so much so that I was a Ti=Cat cheerleader in 1983.
Before the stadium closes will there be any get togethers for old players or cheerleaders would like to know, I have many newspaper clippings of that season
- Posted by: Bingo B on 11/28/2012 9:07:45 PM
- Grey Cup Party at the Convention Center in TO
- Posted by: Bingo B on 11/28/2012 9:14:01 PM
- What ticket numbers were drawn for the prizes at the Grey Cup party in TO?
- Posted by: The Waterboy on 12/12/2012 2:29:02 PM
- Grey Cup Parade 1972 with myself, my brother, Local 1005 Steel Workers and a wealth of volunteers under the banner of the Hamilton Jaycees organizing the best "roaring" parade ever witnessed by proud Hamilton fans.
Know matter who I turned to for help in the organization of the parade, if I said it was for the Cats, the positive response was there. Yes we lived and breathed TiCat football in Hamilton. I was always proud to mention my days as a "waterboy" assistant manager with the Central Golden Ghosts and how six of our boys went on to play for the TiCats.
Perhaps we can pull on the "TiCat Football Spirit" and organize an opening day parade in 2014 from Gage Park to the New Ivor Wynne Stadium with the mass pipes and drums leading the way.
Turning yesterday's memories into today's excitement, I am yours sincerely David R. Warren alias The Waterboy
- Posted by: Anonymous on 11/22/2013 4:41:21 PM
- Hi... just came across this site... checked the all time rosters and found a mistake.... my grandfather, Bert Gibb(whose 1928 Grey Cup jersey I'm wearing here in Saskatchewan for the Grey Cup this week)is listed as Gibb,Robert(Bert)... Robert is wrong... it is Albert... his playing years are correct.. he was the Hamilton Tigers captain when they won the Grey Cup in both 1928 and '29.... Oskee Wee Wee.... Dave Boyd, Saskatchewan..
- Posted by: Anonymous on 9/20/2010 10:36:26 AM
- I grew up ion the same town as former player Johnny Shepard and I would like to have some career stats on this amazing player. (running back)
- Posted by: Tom Lawrence on 9/21/2010 10:45:03 PM
- I wanted to congratulate on the best Alumni web-site for the CFL. As a life long Argo fan who now lives in Vancouver, it is tough to say that Hamilton has the best but it is true. So much information and the pictures are great. Someone has put a lot of thought into it and it has paid off.
Thank you for the time and effort and I will look at it on a regular basis.